Can a change in the tax laws affect your retirement savings?  Financial Advisor Terry DuPont and Stonewood Financial CEO Becky Swansburg discuss how future legislation can affect your spending ability in retirement. Tax and legislative risk play a big role in the success of retirement plans. When Congress changes the rules on taxes, especially for deferred-tax accounts, it can cause a person’s future tax burden to rise, creating a negative domino effect on a retiree’s budget when they are typically on a fixed income. There are two systems of taxes in the USA, one for the informed and the other for the uninformed. It’s best to become informed so you can position your assets in tax-advantaged ways.

For more Right on the Money:

To learn more about Terry Dupont, visit



Fee-based financial planning and investment advisory services are offered by DuPont Wealth Management a Registered Investment Advisor in the State of Indiana. Insurance products and services are offered through DuPont & Associates, Inc. DuPont Wealth Management and DuPont & Associates, Inc. are affiliated companies.

Licensed Insurance Professional. We are an independent financial services firm helping individuals create retirement strategies using a variety of investment and insurance products to custom suit their needs and objectives. Investing involves risk, including the loss of principal. No Investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in a period of declining values. Any references to protection or lifetime income refer to fixed insurance products, never securities or investment products. Insurance and annuity products are backed by the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.

The information is not intended to be investment, legal or tax advice. The agent can provide information, but not advice related to social security benefits. The agent may be able to identify potential retirement income gaps and may introduce insurance products, such as an annuity, as a potential solution. For more information, contact the Social Security Administration office, or visit